Monday, October 18, 2010

"NO I'm Not..."

Hey everyone!!! So fall has definitly set in here in Minnesota. The leaves have changed and fallen off which means it's almost winter season (which i'm not looking forward to)!! We are all taking advantage of the nice weather while it lasts around here. It was a fun, busy weekend. On Friday night Kim and DeVaughn invited Jabbar and I to go to ValleySCARE and we had such a good time. Josh watched the kiddo's and it was an adult fun filled night. Although I have to tell you this post would not be complete without me telling you about the "carnival themed Haunted house". If I could sum it up in one word it would have to be "HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!". Oh my Gosh it was soooo scary to me I seriously almost had an asthma attack. And THEN my mean old sister decided that it would be a great idea to give one of the clowns my name so the clown would come up right behind me and say "Braaaaaannnttllly, I'm going to come and get you Brantly." He left me alone for a few seconds and then guess what....HE WAS BAAAAACKKKK!!!! Seriously...could....not...breath...by the end of the haunted house. AWFUL! TERRIFYING...AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Anyways, besides that one instance it was a-whole-lotta-fun!!!


Then on Saturday we had family pictures and our wedding photographer did them for us. I'm sooo excited to see them. They are going to be sooo pretty. They were taken at Essex Park in an area that had tons and tons of yellow and orange leaves. Soooo nice. Parker had on the flyest outfit ever, and the rest of us looked nice.

On sunday we kinda cleaned up around the house and the kids had a visit with their mom (which i'm not even going to elaborate on that whole situation) and then after dinner we did half the job on our pumpkins for halloween. Rami had a little pumpkin he had picked up from the pumpkin patch they went to as a field trip for school so I got a skeleton mr. potato head for his pumpkin. It's like a pumpkin decorating kit so you don't have to carve it.  Ramaan got her pumpkin all ready to carve and so did little mr. Parker. We are planning on carving on Wednesday. So that will be fun.






As an update on Parker, his new favorite phrase is "no i'm not". So I ask him in the morning "are you poopy?" and he says "no i'm not!!!".  So now it's not just a yes or a no it's a "NO I'M NOT" and sometimes he gets so serious and crosses his little arms and pouts and says it and that makes it even more funny. Besides that he is busy and picking up new words everyday. He pretty much talks in sentences now. When he sees a car he will say "there's a car...see?" He's a smart little cookie. Anyways that's all for now!! Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Awww....how adorable. I wish I lived closer so I could see that little one. I absolutely fell in love with him when we were all in Florida together. He is certainly a charmer.

    I'm scared of haunted houses too, but my husband used to work at one.
    Christine K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...hafta tell ya the carnie guy ASKED!! It wasn't really my idea (kinda wish it was though....not gonna lie)! Anyways....I highly recommend ValleyScare...very fun, and GREAT COMPANY! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable post! I can hardly wait to see you all. Rami and Ramaan are beautiful in their pictures...I love the potato head for a pumpkin...how cute is that? I will be there for Halloween...glad I WASN'T there for ValleySCARE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That potato head pumpkin man is awesome! I'd rather do that than carve pumpkins! Love all the pics...thought Kim's idea was great!! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete